Sunday, March 15, 2009

Doodle for Google

A Happy, Clean Earth: “ I wish the world to be a clean, healthy, and fun place to live.”

“What I wish for the World...” What I wish for the World is that it can be a clean healthy place to live. A place where the oceans are clean and a place where kids can swim and sail. I wish for a World where animals can live in a habitat and not worry about if it will be cut down.

Sports: “What I wish for the World...” I wish for every person, kid in the world to had a chance to play sports and be active. Every kid needs a chance to be able to be apart of a team, to feel the importance and the entertainment that sports bring to ones life. Being active is a very important in being a healthy person. That is why my wish for the world is to give every person a chance to be on a team and be active.
How did you improve your designs, based on the feedback that you received from your peers? Please be specific... I really worked hard on my letters to make them stand out and be more bold. One of the biggest things I did though was to work on the trees in my first design. At first they were really small and not that defined, so I went back and fixed them making them for defined and stand out more. One last thing I did was to work on the G, with the sailboat in it. I went through many colors trying to find one that matched and looked the best. I even trued to make my own color yet that wasn’t to successful.

What three important things did you learn from completing this assignment? Explain why they are important to your learning as a design student? I learned, and used the magic wand a lot more and got a better understanding of how to use it more effectively. This helped me a lot when I had to create my own images. I also got a better understanding of how to draw and create my own images. The finale thing that I used was the trace tool. This came in handy when I wanted to trace and or make my own image.

Listed below are the criteria for this assignment. Based on the criteria, how successful do you feel your designs are? Please assign each design a number between 1 & 4 (4 is the highest). Justify your decision for each of your designs. I would give my first design a 3.5 because of it simple look, but then also its complicated look. That is why I like my first design so much. Also there are is a very good color scheme that I feel catches the eye. My second design I believe isn’t as successful as the first yet still brings that same intensity and simplicity that attracts the eye. If anything the second one is more simple, yet if I had more time I think I would have worked on the second g to make it better. For those reasons I would give myself a 3.25.

1. Make sure your design complements the shape of the letters in the Google logo, but don't let that restrict your creativity.
2. Experiment with different media to see which one works best for your design (you can even create your doodle on your PC).
3. Don't over-complicate your design – simpler images often have the most impact.
4. Remember that your design could end up on the Google homepage, so imagine how it will look on screen.
5. To find inspiration around the "What I Wish for the World?" theme, try thinking about the future and how you would like it to differ from the present.
6. Remember to use color well and think about how it interacts with a white background.
7. Avoid commercial or copyrighted images.
8. Think outside the box – try to create a doodle that's different from your classmates and hasn't been done before.
9. Feel free to use the space behind and in front of the Google letters, but try to maintain your design's overall balance.
10. Have fun! "Doodle 4 Google" is all about creativity and enjoying designing fun things. Think about how you want to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment